Thursday, November 02, 2006

Networking, Darfur, and things in between

Been a while since I last wrote a blog, because I've been quite busy with tasks here and there. I made friends with Nidya, a new NA member in Miami and we came up with the idea to start a NA chapter/network here for youth activists towards global conflict resolution and genocide wawareness/prevention. So far, we've contacted people whom could help, posted flyer's and planned what to do in the next couple of months. I'm still continuing my Darfur campaign at school (no I'm not wearing the sign sad to say) and recently did a presentation for a teacher, who is a sponcer of a club I'm in. He was so impressed that he gave me his ceramic apple for appreciation. That was really sweet for his part I must say! Slowly, I think I might be able to reach the message at my school and quiting isn't an option for me! It seems that things in Darfur, things are going to get way worse then getting better. I'd better hope Annan uses his last months as Secretary-General and work harder to force the Sudanese to acepect a UN Peacekeeping force.

No comments: