Friday, April 27, 2007

Where the Darfur are you?

I became a writer for OUTLOUD, a newspaper for teens a couple a months ago and one of my goals was to write an article on Darfur's genocide. I figured it would'nt be so hard. After my first attempt, the editor told me that it was to technical, to which I agree and to try again. After rewriting the article, I was confidant that it would pass the inspection. But once again, it was rejected, due to it not ''concecting'' with the readers. I did feel bummed and disapointed for not being able to write a simple article about a region in Africa and the mass murder of a race. Fortunatly, the staff decided to write an editorial on it and at least I'm given credict and hopefully more people will find out about Darfur. http://www.outloud.com/2007/apr2007/darfur.htm

No comments: